Davidson & Company LLP is proud to be a leading regional accounting, audit, tax and advisory firm, located in Vancouver, British Columbia. Clients turn to Davidson & Company LLP because of the people we hire. That’s why we make finding and hiring the best in our profession a top priority – and then retain them by being a great place to work, grow and advance. No matter what your plans for the future, at Davidson & Company LLP, we are dedicated to helping you achieve your goals.
We offer career paths for internships, recent graduates, and experienced professionals. Want that global feel? We have it here! We are members of Nexia International, a leading global network of accounting and consulting firms which allows us to serve clients around the world.
Davidson & Company is searching for experienced public company audit senior managers with the desire for opportunities for growth and development. Flexible start dates available.
Your responsibilities as an public company audit senior manager include:
- Serve as the Engagement Manager and lead client facing engagement teams on specific client accounts, taking responsibility for pre-engagement planning, execution, final deliverable development and billing and collections.
- Develop a detailed engagement work plan, including budgets and schedules. Monitor project status against the work plan and communicate schedule adjustments to the Engagement Partner.
- Develop a professional relationship with the client. Gain the respect and confidence of the client by consistently demonstrating supreme customer service, quality work products, and professional integrity.
- Serve as the point-of-contact to the client. Ensure that the client is fully informed of engagement progress and logistics.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of complex accounting and auditing concepts and apply them to client situations.
- Gain the respect and confidence of the Davidson & Company team through effective client management, timely and accurate communication, and clear and concise team direction.
- Prepare timely and accurate bills for professional services rendered.
- Contribute to strategic and operational planning related to client and practice management, as well as the development of new ideas and approaches to improve work processes.
- Contribute to developing people through effectively motivating, coaching, and delegating audit tasks, and providing guidance.
- Availability to travel as necessary.
- Education: CPA designation (or equivalent) required.
- Minimum 7+ years audit & accounting experience in public accounting
- Excellent analytical, technical, and auditing skills including knowledge in IFRS, CAS, US GAAP, GAAS, and PCAOB rules and standards
- Exceptional client service and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships
- Strong leadership, and mentoring skills, coupled with excellent written, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Computer expertise including knowledge of audit-preparation software and an understanding of the impact of technology
- Strong research skills
- Proven technical skills with MS Office applications such as Excel, Word, and Outlook and Caseware.
- Solid organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to multi-task
Rewards and Benefits
At Davidson & Company we support you through a competitive benefits package, as well as a range of other perks to make your working experience as rewarding as possible. To learn more about life at Davidson & Company, visit Davidson-co.com/life
Note: Certain rewards and benefits are depending on performance and role.
How To Apply
If you are interested in this opportunity and meet the qualifications listed above, please submit your resume, and cover letter through the online application form.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and we encourage you to apply early.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Davidson & Company LLP; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.