Davidson & Company LLP is proud to be a leading regional accounting, audit, tax and advisory firm, located in Vancouver, British Columbia. Clients turn to Davidson & Company LLP because of the people we hire. That’s why we make finding and hiring the best in our profession a top priority – and then retain them by being a great place to work, grow and advance. No matter your plans for the future, at Davidson & Company LLP, we are dedicated to helping you achieve your goals.
We offer career paths for internships, recent graduates, and experienced professionals. Want that global feel? We have it here! We are members of Nexia International, a leading global network of accounting and consulting firms which allows us to serve clients around the world.
Davidson & Company is searching for articling students with the desire to pursue their CPA in the Audit path, to join our Public Company Audit department with start dates in September 2023, January 2024, and September 2024.
Your responsibilities as an Audit articling student include:
- Develop and apply technical skills in public company audit, IFRS and Canadian Auditing Standards in a wide variety of industries.
- Develop soft skills such as client interactions and collaboration with clients and within an engagement team.
- Perform planning, execution of audit procedures and completion procedures for audit engagements in a wide variety of industries.
- Obtain and assess appropriateness of audit evidence obtained throughout the audit engagement.
- Review, investigate and take part in resolving audit issues
- Utilize various tools and software throughout audit engagements.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the firm’s services, businesses and industry.
- Develop valuable skills and training in preparation for your CPA program.
- Previous accounting related office experience is considered an asset
- Customer service and/or client service experience is considered an asset
- Experience working with Caseware is considered an asset.
Rewards and Benefits
At Davidson & Company we support you through a competitive benefits package, as well as a range of other perks to make your working experience as rewarding as possible. To learn more about life at Davidson & Company, visit Davidson-co.com/life
Note: Certain rewards and benefits are depending on performance and role.
What We Offer
- Hands-on experience in a professional accounting environment.
- Opportunities to work on real-world projects and contribute to the firm’s success.
- Mentorship and guidance from experienced CPAs.
- Networking opportunities within the industry.
- Competitive hourly pay based on experience and qualifications.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this opportunity and meet the qualifications listed above, please submit your resume, cover letter, unofficial transcripts, and a brief video introduction through the online application form. In your video, please tell us about you, why you are interested in the internship and how your skills and experiences align with the role.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and we encourage you to apply early.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Davidson & Company LLP; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.